Saturday 20 March 2010

Solihull Art Book Fair

I blogged about this a little while ago but today I was a little disappointed with it. there were only a few stalls and although some of the books were well printed, I did not see the hand-made books that I had hoped to see. It was really about the content rather more than the books themselves which is not at all what I had hoped to see.

There was one part of the exhibition ( running in parallel, I think) which did catch my attention. This was all about something called The Story Exchange. The point of this was that you could take your pick of a number of second-hand books on display for FREE. All that was required was a "story"; long or short, any subject. I wrote a brief description of my art background and how I was going to use the book I had selected to create collages via scanned copies of the images. I also mentioned the Flickr collage group. The book was, Harmworth's History of the world, Volume IV - India Ceylon and Central Asia. Having been published in 1914 it would be in the public domain. I will be scanning and posting images on my Flickr photostream, I will let you know when they are available.

No comments: