Tuesday 25 November 2008

Herbylicious handmade soaps - an advertisement feature

Hi - not my usual update but couldn't help but offer this experience for the benefit of anyone who suffers from eczema.

I went to a craft fair recently at the Gloucestershire "Nature in Art" home. One of the stalls was a hand-made soap stall and my better-half being curious we went up to have a look. Whilst browsing the various scented soaps she came across one that contained Shea Butter. never heard of this myself but she said it was good for your skin and the owner agreed (well she would?). I was persuaded to part with £3.50 for a bar of this soap, because my hands need constant and copious amounts of creams and ointment to stop them getting raw in this weather.

I thought it was a bit expensive but if it worked......... and I have tried many things.

After a couple of weeks of using this soap (often irregularly) the skin started to heal up and I lost that dreadful itching sensation, which is a real bugbear. I have just placed an oprder for more of the same with the intention of trying it up until christmas, just to see if is is a real effect or simply a coincidence.

If you want to try it for yourself go to Herbylicious hand-made soaps and place your order. The soap I have been trying is called "PURE LUXURY". Of corse these soaps contain lashings of lanolin being hand-made but that in a cream has never worked so well for me.

I have no connection with either the site, the business or its owner

No comments: