Monday 17 November 2008

African themed ATC's for MAMMA challenge

Just bringing my self up to date. This completes the posting of all the atc's I have made over the last few weeks. It has been an artistically barren time for me with so many minor (?) but urgent things happening at home. With just a few major panics thrown in for good measure. But it has meant that I have not been able to commit very much time at all to art/craft.

Anyway, here are the latest entries for MAMMA's challenge swap on Flickr, I have at least managed to keep up with this challenge. Both because of my good friend Maragaret who is running it and because the members are such a mad lot - very talented - but off their heads for the most part.

This week's theme was Africa - very specifically defined by Margaret. I have to admit that I saw this has a very good excuse for getting out some old stamps (in fact the first stamps which I ever bought!), the only problem was how to use them. I laid a collaged background using hand-made papers and stamped on this to achieve a design with one main image surrounded by a circle of images. Bits and pieces were added for effect. I have left the cards untitled simply calling them Africa 1 and 2.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


1 comment:

MARGARET FIELD said...

so glad you were able to join in John.
xxxx